Wednesday, 11 June 2008

Finally!!!!!!!!!

Right, I have been wanting and waiting and wishing to blog about something and have a good old rant, but it has been kept very hush, hush.....until yesterday.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikatotimes/4579182a6415.html

Yup. My beloved Rialto is closing. Our lease expires in October and Head Office won't renew.

We are not happy.

So, they want to relocate us to SkyCity CentrePlace and Chartwell......which is great for the CAs and projies, but I need 5 shifts a week as a Duty Manager to survive....and that's just not going to happen, as both places already have a full staff.

Hence, the travel agent plans.

However, there is a possibility that someone may buy the Victoria Cinema, and I could get a position there.

Suck suck sucky suck sucks!

Oh yes, have changed my blog name as I realised that when you do a Google search for "Fairy Janine" my blog comes up, and I would rather prospective clients didn't read my rantings and ravings!

Fairy business is still pretty dead, but in August I have been asked to play Marilyn Monroe for a friend's work do. How could I refuse?! Even though, I'm pretty sure I have retired from the theatre world. I never thought it could or would happen, but I have just lost the bug.

Speaking of shows, Emma and I went to see Hair last night. Hmm......I think I am too much of a square to fully appreciate the psychadelicness of the show!
There was barely any storyline....though there could have been and we just couldn't hear it as the sound guys had the mikes turned up full, meaning all the words were lost.
Was quite surprised at the number of sweet little old ladies who were in the audience of a show full of sex, swearing and nudity! They seemed to enjoy themselves though tehe!
The row in front of us left at half time and never came back, but we stuck it out as technically it was very excellent. Great costumes, set, music, choreography and some fabulous singers.
Not a show I would see again though.

From stage to screen with a Rialto movie review......it's so sad that I won't be working at the cinema for much longer and will actually have to PAY for tickets and ice creams!

Nat and I saw Leatherheads the other night. George Clooney (mmmmmmm) in a film reminiscent of Cary Grant (mmmmmmmmmmmm).
While we giggled away throughout the film, the couple in front of us just sat there in silence...until they started sucking face.
I guess you kinda have to appreciate the screwball comedies of the 30s to like this one, as that's where Georgie boy drew his inspiration.
Not a great film, but extremely entertaining.

No comments: