I keep meaning to post a new blog entry, I promise, I even think about what I can write about....then I get caught up on Bebo or watching Gilmore Girls for the umpteenth time and my poor, poor blog gets all forsaken.
By the way, welcome back Cavey to Blogland! Yay! Have missed reading everyone's posts as one by one they have been seduced by the phenomenon that is Bebo!
So, what's new; well at the moment I am getting ready for the Grease singalong next Friday night. I've been building up the thing so much that I really hope it stands up to The Sound of Music. But it should, as there ended up being an A List and a B List for tickets!
I have roped the Shambles into joing me as beauty school dropout angels, so if anyone has any empty toilet paper or glad wrap rolls, we would appreciate them muchly!
I even attempted sewing my own dress.....but both of my antique sewing machines crapped out on me...and well...I'm just not so great at sewing. Luckilly, I have a wonderfully talented Mum who is attempting to salvage my costume!
One good thing is I managed to squeeze my size 7/8 clodhoppers quite comfortably into a pair of size 6 heels I couldn't be persuaded not to buy! Hopefully I'll be too drunk to notice the loss of feeling and circulation to my feet!
Elfy, you may need to help me to my seat when we go the the Blood Brothers matinee the following day! Maybe I can borrow a zimmer frame from one of the blue rinse brigade.....
I have had a few enquiries about my love life.
To be honest, I'm not too sure how it's going! I am still seeing Colin a.k.a Baggy Jeans. He's sweet but so incredibly shy. Even more timid than I am (believe it or not)! which makes things a little difficult!
Am trying to get over the last big crush I had...have....no HAD. Many of you have heard me puzzle over the complexities and mixed messages this guy has been sending me, but as he no longer seems to acknowledge my presence on this Earth, I give up. His loss. Not to sound too modest, but I would have been perfect for him. Ah well.
Am giving Colin a go though, especially since I was watching season six of GG today and Lorelai was recieving signs that her wedding was meant to be, and then I found out that Logan's friend Colin shares the same last name as my Colin! As a firm believer in signs, I took this to be a big one! Added to that the fact that he is openly a GG fan! Score! lol Neither Chris or Conan would ever admit to liking it even though they would stop what they were doing and watch with me, or gladly watch it for me if I were going to miss it!
Am trying to deal with the shyness, after all I'm not exactly over the top and outspoken! And it is so nice to feel wanted and liked by a guy, instead of being ignored which is what I usually get by so called suitors. He sent me a txt today simply saying "I like you", which I find incredibly sweet. And after we've seen each other and gone to our respective homes, he always sends me a txt saying he was too shy to tell me that I looked pretty. Now, who doesn't love that!?
And anyway, the baggy jeans I can change; he does come across as very.....maleable! I'm pretty sure I can turn him into something acceptable to be seen with in public!
Gosh, I really am a bigger snob than I thought I was!
Some movies I've seen since my last review post:
The Simpsons - very good.
I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry - predictable and used only as a time filler. Wouldn't mind having Jessica Biel's body though......However mine can't be too bad, as my cleavage got me extra sauce on my chips from the sleazy kebab shop guys tonight!
And I'm pretty sure there were a couple more silly Skycity ones...but I can't seem to recall any!
Anyway, am meeting up with Colin after work for the late night screening of Hairspray. I loved the original with Ricky Lake, and I still have quite a thing for John Travolta...although he will be in drag in this film....hmm.....
And finally, a Friday Five:
1. What was the most sick that you've ever been?
I had pneumonia when I was little, I guess that's quite bad, but the gastro I had earlier this year was far nastier!
2. What disease are you afraid of getting?
Cancer.
3. Are you a big baby when it comes to taking medicine/shots for your illnesses?
The biggest baby there is. Never had a blood test and intend to hold off from having one for as long as possible!
4. Is going to the doctor really THAT bad?
Yes.
5. Would you have the flu twice a month if you were paid $1,000 for having it?
Forever? Then no; but occasionally then sure, I usually do get colds once a month anyway!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment