I am so disappointed in myself.
I went to see Blades of Glory today.
And I.....I......I...um....liked it. (Hangs head in shame).
I'm also wearing pants.
And I ate popcorn.
All cannot be right with the world.
Anyway, why did I got to see this film in the first place? Well, am home and lonely and depressed so wanted to get out of the house for a bit. And since I've seen all the movies I actually want to see, and since I hadn't yet checked out Chartwell, I decided that 88 minutes wasn't too much of my life to waste.
The three trailers had me all set up for hating the film already - deadly tattoos; a loser guy getting a slutty girl knocked up; and two straight men getting married and pretending to be gay to commit fraud, is the delectable selection of quality film coming up in the next few months. Joy.
So you can imagine my pleasant surprise when Blades started with "Time to Say Goodbye" by Sarah Brightman playing while nuns and orphans skated on a frozen lake.
From there, it was just a short time until the amazing figure skating routines, glittery costumes and gorgeous men in tights with buns of steel fully captured my attention.
I still can't believe I enjoyed a Will Farrell movie.
Love Chartwell though! Very classy and elegant with comfy seats which I can comfortably cross my legs in and curl up in without getting squished by arm rests.
Wouldn't want to work there though. Too big.
Hmm...still can't believe I liked Blades of Glory.
I went to see Blades of Glory today.
And I.....I......I...um....liked it. (Hangs head in shame).
I'm also wearing pants.
And I ate popcorn.
All cannot be right with the world.
Anyway, why did I got to see this film in the first place? Well, am home and lonely and depressed so wanted to get out of the house for a bit. And since I've seen all the movies I actually want to see, and since I hadn't yet checked out Chartwell, I decided that 88 minutes wasn't too much of my life to waste.
The three trailers had me all set up for hating the film already - deadly tattoos; a loser guy getting a slutty girl knocked up; and two straight men getting married and pretending to be gay to commit fraud, is the delectable selection of quality film coming up in the next few months. Joy.
So you can imagine my pleasant surprise when Blades started with "Time to Say Goodbye" by Sarah Brightman playing while nuns and orphans skated on a frozen lake.
From there, it was just a short time until the amazing figure skating routines, glittery costumes and gorgeous men in tights with buns of steel fully captured my attention.
I still can't believe I enjoyed a Will Farrell movie.
Love Chartwell though! Very classy and elegant with comfy seats which I can comfortably cross my legs in and curl up in without getting squished by arm rests.
Wouldn't want to work there though. Too big.
Hmm...still can't believe I liked Blades of Glory.

6 comments:
Oh come on! Have you seen Elf? It's one of the funniest, cutest movies I've ever seen. Okay, so Anchorman and Old School were pretty lame, but he has to pay the bills.
And what about his role in Zoolander - "Don't you know a foamy latte makes me farty and bloated?!?". Hilarious.
Well I haven't seen any of those movies!
I think I am a bigger Rialto snob than April I!
Usually those sort of comedies just bore me.
Definately must have been all the sparkles!
You are not alone!
I really enjoyed Blades of Glory! So much so, I've seen it twice and would happily see it again. Will Ferrell and Jon Heder have a great comedy rapport. I love ice dancing, so really appreciated the over-the-topness of the whole thing. And the music choices were brilliant.
I thought I was kinda crazy for a bit because there were moments during their 'male pair' routines which I found really beautiful and moving ... but then when I took my brother and his partner to see it, she said she felt the same way.
Did you see Stranger Than Fiction? Will Ferrell was really good in that one, as was the rest of the cast. You can be a Rialto snob and still enjoy a Will Ferrell movie! (See Cavey's comments.)
I am the biggest Rialto snob of all! I only saw Elf because it played at Rialto, and then I realised the genius of Ferrell and had to watch the rest of his films. And yes, Stranger than Fiction was lovely (April I a Rialto snob?)
I shall compile a list of Will Ferrell's films that are acceptable to Rialto snobs! :D
Post a Comment